Badminton Court Dimension is standard and mandated by the BWF (Badminton World Federation). It is applied for all matches from amateur matches to professional matches.
A standard court is normally designated for both singles and doubles play.
Badminton Court Dimension.
- Court length: 13.4 meters or 44 feet long.
- Court width: 6.1 meters (20 feet) for doubles and 5.2 m (17 feet) for singles.
- Line (to mark in the badminton court) width: 40 mm (1.575 inches).
- Short service line from the NET: 1.98 meters (6 feet 6 inches).
- Long service line from the NET for singles: 6.7 meters (21 feet 12 inches).
- Long service line from the NET for doubles: 5.9 meters (19 feet 5 inches).
Court Dimension and layout are illustrated by below diagram.
Space between the court.
- Side line to side line and side line to wall space requirement varies from 1.5 meters 2 meters, depending on the play level – club, community or international.
- Back line to wall space requirement should be 2 meters.
- Ceiling height (above the floor) should be at least 9 meters for international play and around 7 meters for badminton club or general community play purpose. According to BWF, a minimum of 12 meters height is required.
- Total badminton court dimension, including run-off distance will be 17.4 meters in height and 9.1 meters in width.
- According to BWF, the floor of play field must be at least 46 meters by 30 meters.
Net and Post Dimension.
- Net width: 6.1 meters, same as court dimension (20 feet).
- Net height: 76 centimeters (2 feet 6 inches).
- Net posts height: 1.55 meters (5 feet 1 inch).
- Net post height at the middle of the court: 1.524 meters (5 feet).
Net Dimension is illustrated by below diagram.
Badminton Court – Net Dimension.
Find this helpful? Please share it with your friends.
Want to see articles related to badminton, please click here
If you have any comments or questions to share, please provide them below.