Fried tofu with lemongrass and chili is a must-know recipe for any Vietnamese vegetarian. It is very popular not only for vegetarian but for most people in Vietnam. It’s delicious, rich in protein and easy to cook.
Fried tofu with lemongrass and chili is special at its lemongrass smell, crispness outside but still softness inside, as well as spiciness of chili.
Total time: around 25 minutes.
Servings: 3-5 people (depends on how many dishes you have for a meal).
- 6 Tofu pieces (5cm x 5 cm).
- Mushroom seasoning.
- Soybean Oil.
How to make fried tofu with lemongrass and chili:
Here’s the direction how to make this recipe – step by step.
- Chop lemongrass (around 6 teaspoons) and chili (around 1 teaspoon) finely .
- Now mix lemongrass with chili, then add around 3 teaspoons mushroom seasoning to mix them well again.
- Coat both sides of the tofu with above mixture of lemongrass, chili.
- Now wait about 5 to 10 minutes for the tofu to absorb the seasoning, spiciness and specially the smell of lemongrass. I suggest you to prepare a soup while waiting for this to save time.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a frying pan with medium heat, then fry both sides of tofu until it turns brown and crispy. Drain them by paper towel.
- Present the food on the plate and now your dish is ready to serve. This dish is best served with spicy soy sauce.
Though this fried tofu with lemongrass and chili is very easy to cook but it take more time than the other dishes because we need to wait for tofu to absorb the chili and lemongrass mixture. However, we can still use this time to prepare for another dish.
Hope you enjoy cooking this dish!
Hesitate what to eat for this week, you may take a look again at Menu Week 01.
Find this recipe helpful? Please rate it and share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to see our next recipe.
If you have any comments or ideas how to make this dish even more special, please provide them below.