Vietnamese Vegan Pineapple Sour Soup is a Vietnamese cuisine and very popular, especially in the south of Viet nam. You can easily find it in every vegetarian restaurant and you can see them very often in Vietnamese family meals. It’s not exactly the same as my recipe but has similar taste.
It is easy to cook and takes not too much time to prepare. The best part of this recipes is the perfect mixture of pure sweet and sour pineapple, tomato and mushroom. The spiciness from chili and the flavor from rice paddy herb explain why this food is simple but really special and popular.
Total time: around 15-20 minutes.
Servings: 3-5 people (depends on how many dishes you have for a meal).
- Pineapple: 1/2
- Green bean sprouts.
- Mushroom seasoning.
- Vegan fish sauce.
- Hot Chili.
- Rice paddy herb.
How to make Vietnamese Vegan Pineapple Sour Soup:
Here’s to show you how to do it step by step:
- Peal the pineapple and cut it into small pieces (use half of a pineapple only).
- Put them in a pot with around 1.2 liters of fresh water. Add around 1 tablespoon of sugar and bring it to the boil.
- While waiting for it to boil, wash all the vegetable, mushroom and tofu…
- Keep it boiling for about 5 minutes then put around 100 gram of mushroom to this soup. Add 1 tea spoon of mushroom seasoning.
- While keeping it boiling for another 2-3 minutes, cut tofu into square pieces and cut 2 tomatoes into wedges and them add them to the boiling soup.
- While keeping it boiling for another 2-3 minutes, cut hot chili into slices and chop rice paddy herb into small parts.
- Now add green bean sprouts and around 1 tea spoon of vegan fish sauce to the soup. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning to please your taste.
- Present this soup to a bowl, add slices of chili and rice paddy herb on top.
This food is often served with steam rices or rice noodles. This food will be a great combination with vegan pseudapocryptes elongatus recipe 01 in your meal which you will see in the Menu Week 03.
Wish you made this dish successful and Happy Vegetarian!
Hesitate what to eat for this week, you may take a look again at Menu Week 01.
Find this Vegan Pineapple Sour Soup recipe delicious? Please rate it and share it with your friends.
If you have any comments or questions to share, please provide them below.